A form designed to collect and analyze defect data.
A check-sheet example for a pizza delivery process:
The check sheet can be constructed in manuy ways to fit the task at hand, but should satisfy five requirements:
- Show what is being measured.
- Show who is collecting the data.
- Show what time period is associated with the data.
- Clearly marked space to record the data.
- Stratification of the data into useful categories (raw totals don't usually render useful information for problem-solving).
ASQ's Toolbox - Check Sheet - http://www.asq.org/learn-about-quality/data-collection-analysis-tools/overview/check-sheet.html