Often referred to as the "House of Quality" because of its house-like shape, QFD is a Hoshin Planning tool - a matrix used to translate the Voice of the Customer into Product Features, then Product Specifications, and ultimately, Process Parameters.
The QFD process may be broken down into six steps:
1. Collect, Organize, and Clarify Customer Wants (VOC).
2. List the Hows.
3. Identify relationships between Hows.
4. Identify relationships between Whats and Hows.
5. Benchmark competing products.
6. Establish deployment priorities.